Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Mucking it up already


Originally from CNN:
Fresh from a defeat in her bid to appoint a controversial congressman as House majority leader, incoming Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Tuesday she will not appoint Rep. Alcee Hastings to head the House intelligence committee.
My my my. Dare I suggest that already Pelosi is spending valuable political capital just to keep her side of the aisle on her side? I've often laughed, knowing the immense strain she'll have trying to simultaneously retain the monetary support of the psychotic leftist interest groups and maintain the facade of moderation before a greater American public. I honestly have to say though, I didn't expect her to trip this early in her congressional appointments. Not that I mind.
It also came fewer than two weeks after Pelosi's colleagues tapped her as the first female House speaker, then quickly snubbed her in her bid to propel longtime ally Rep. John Murtha of Pennsylvania to the majority leader post.
Murtha, also the subject of a federal bribery investigation in the 1980s (he was never charged), lost to Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland for the post in a vote by the party caucus.
Promising to clean up corruption and then appointing Murtha is like promising marital fidelity and frequenting the Red Light District. So, since her decision makes no political sense, can we infer her choice of Murtha, and later Hastings, are the result of some unseen political force? Perhaps some unscrupulous arm-twisting, back-scratching and jockeying for power? It's a safe bet.
"Sorry, haters, God is not finished with me yet," his [Hastings] statement said.
He later added, "Now where are my playahs up in this bitch?"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home